Image, it’s everything to some people. It doesn’t matter if you remember the moment as long as you got a pic of it right? Hit them angles? Did it for the gram? Wrong!
Breaking the image ceiling is one of the most satisfying things I’ve done on my personal growth journey. Who cares what you did, what are you doing now? Because getting out of your head makes you free, so remember that!
I remember my days of self conscious to the point of nausea. Shit, I had a low point last week. Social anxiety is a beast and if you are too focused on then instead of now, you’ll never get it right. Getting life right is worth it so give it a try.
I find a few gentle reminders below work wonders in getting your mind right:
- People cannot hear your inter dialogue and do not think you are an imposter, so don’t be one
- You have the freedom to choose your words wisely, so take your time and be thoughtful about it
- Rome wasn’t built in a day, and it wasn’t destroyed in one either. Small steps in the right direction are key
- Small gestures are important, so be kind and try to help those around you
- Never let someone take kindheartedness for granted. It doesn’t matter who they are you come first, remember that
- Guilt isn’t something you should feel, you are only responsible for your own actions
- Shame is only worth acknowledging if it makes you a better person. Don’t let it compromise the things you love
Perception is what you let others see, so who do you really want to be? Good, now be that!
Cute necklace? → Get boned!